Wednesday 13 May 2009

JANUARY 2009

January Posts

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 25, 2009 4:24 PM
Couple of cash sessions..

from Donkey Thrasher by BurnleyMik
So, Although I had a nightmare with cash lsat year, I have decided to have another crack at it. All be it a bit half-heartedly and when i am in the mood only. I have only managed 3 sessions so far, playiong in total about 2.7k hands. Not a lot, but remember it is full ring.
I have been messing around multi-tabling and the highest I have gotten so far, with it still being mostly comfortable is 17 tables. It’s miles easier than with SnG’s because you rarely get short-handed at any point. So the games are steady away and basically I am just nut peddling. Waiting around for good hands and then playing them hard. I am not doing to bad, with all three sessions being winners so far. My only gripe is that I have had aces cracked twice in two different sessions, both by smaller pairs flopping sets. Bastards! It’s different though. If i couldn;t multi-table there is no way on this planet I could sit there and grind one table! hahah. Not a chance. As it stands the multi-tabling is what keeps me going. I like the rush of making fast decisions, under pressure.
So, like I say, so far , so good. lets hope the run continues!
I played teh Bloggerment for the first time in ages Friday night and was really dissapointed to see only 5 players. it’s not easy setting games up, more people should play or these things will stoip, thats myself included! It was a fun game although I played quite well and aggro until the heads up play vs Cloud, where I went into Super-donk mode and just donated all my chips to him thinking he was bluffing!! (Yeah right, the cloud bluff… NEVER!!!)Sop well done cloud!
Sorry, i haven;t got much else to write about!
GL at the Felt.
BM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 18, 2009 10:07 AM
Another week flies by..

from Donkey Thrasher by BurnleyMik
..and still I have absolutely zero urge or motivation to play poker. I really just don’t fancy sitting down and grinding out. I am either working, having fun with my son and mrs or messing around on the Xbox360, poker just isn;t figuring at all. I am starting to wonder if, apart from the MADs games, I’ll even play a single session in January…. time will tell on that one I guess.
It’s strange because in reality, I doubt there were all that many days in 2008 where I didn;t actually play a single game. My one thing that I do miss is the money I made. Whilst playing poker and enjoying it, I was also making money, ok not vast amounts, but i was doing fairly well. Lets just say it paid for my hols and for xmas, so not to be sniffed at.
I might try and sit read a few blogs and articles this week and see if i can actually find the desire to play again because I know the worst thing I could do is force myself to play when I am not in the mood. I will likely tilt easily and lose money, which is just stupid.
Like I said in my previous post, I tried a few staking deals, which unfortunately didn;t go great. Only one of my horses made me any money and it just didn’t happen for the other guys, not through lack of trying I might add, just one of those things meaning I ended with a small loss
So not sure where I am at or heading with poker right now. Hopefully by my next post I’ll have some direction.
What i do want to see is Obama and his crew decimate the UIGEA so the casual American fish can get back online. That really would get me firing again. Fingers crossed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 14, 2009 7:12 PM
The RTR MADs Game

from Donkey Thrasher by BurnleyMik
Played game one on Sunday night and TBH I didn’t play well. I got away with a couple of moves, but TBH, with Amatay, Doomswitch, Johnnyfish, Ant and other good players at my starting table it was never going to be easy.
I started ok, building a little stack when getting tricky with my set against HullJimi. Trying to turn the float play against him, but he didn;t go for the bait, so ended up having to make an enticing river bet, which did the trick, but kept the pot smaller than I would have liked with a good hand.
I then found AK a couple of times when shorter stacks shoved into me and managed to win those showdowns. I lost a good pot to Doomswtich when this time my AK couldn;t win the showdown vs TT and finally got all my money in on a bad read.
I basically raised it pre from LP with 67s. The BB (can’t remember who it was) flat called. The board came down J7x rainbow and he check raised me all in. I really thought he was just making a move on me with a hand like AK/AQ, so I made the call and he had JQo.. meh. Maybe he readz soulz and knows I am raising light and that JQo is a good defending hand for the BB.. who knows
It was a decent game of poker though to be fair and some good player turned out. I am looking forward to the rebuy this Sunday, as I plan some revenge!
Apart from that game I have played absolutely fuckall. I have completely lost the motivation to play. It’s just gone. Instead I have been staking a few other players from the forums.
Tanorpheus looks like making me a small profit. Nemo made a very small loss and Snake is just running like a 1 legged donkey right now. I know all three are capable of playing good poker, so I am not worried and I definately wouldn’t have put the dough up if I thought they were shit!
Anyways, prolly no poker till Sunday.
On a side note, looks like the Newcastle Forum Team Challenge is now definately on! we have enough players and deposits are paid! Bring on February!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 8, 2009 5:58 PM
No posts

from Donkey Thrasher by BurnleyMik
Apologies if anyone actually reads this, but I just simply haven;t had the time or inclination to play poker the last few weeks.
I had the odd cash session and a few tourneys and thats it.
Xmas and New Year for the first time with the baby was superb and life is generally very sweet right now.
Hopefully I will play a little more in the coming weeks and maybe have more to blog about.
Don;t forget the RTR-MADs series starts this weekend (sunday night). I’ll be playing, making the most of the overlay and hopefully beating some fish into subsmission… no names mentioned, Amatay, Kenn, HullJimi, Vgj_felix, KnightmareNick, Snakeeyes, Doomswitch..
Anyways, take care all and all the best for 2009.
BM

No comments:

Post a Comment